Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 0: Week with the Kids

Over the course of the next week, my wife is going to be on a mission trip out of the country.  I'll be supporting her by staying home and taking care of our wonderful children.  As a way to keep her updated on how we're doing (and to squelch her fears that I'll just let the kids run around wild, only eating candy, watching movies and staying up late), I've decided to blog about our adventure this week.


As you can tell by the title of this post, I'm writing this entry before she has gone on the trip.  This is partially so that she'll know about it before she leaves and be excited and partially so that I'll have sufficient motivation to see it through until the end.


I'll try to chronicle our days, giving a short summary of exciting events good or bad.  I'll even try to solicit input from the kids to make sure their voice is heard as well.  I'll keep a running tally significant things like number of snuggles, number of times I've heard 'Daddy?', or number of times I've heard 'Where's Mommy?'  I probably won't have too many pictures to post as the camera is going with Cathy, but I'll see what I can do.


I'll probably do most of the posting after hours, since while I've been writing this, I've been asked about 3 times by David if I'm done yet.  If anyone has any suggestions of fun low cost stuff to do, please leave a comment.  Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Lynn D said...

When Lisa's out of town we have a blast - eat candy, watch movies, and stay up late.... lol. Oh, and eat out every night! Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

You could come swim with Kaylie. Cost: $0

Rebecca Dietrich said...

You'll do a great job!! Just sent them over here if you need a break.

Cathy said...

Yay! Now you'll REALLY appreciate me when I get back!

Tim said...

Lynn, I appreciate the encouragement and validation of my secret plan for the week! Now I need to stock up on candy.

Erika B said...

Splash Pad! Cost $0. Larry has the kids Tuesday while I work. I'm trying to convince that's the best low cost thing to do. Someone's company gave him TWO days off this week.